Christmas Surprise

The weeks and months since Summer Jean was born have been a bit of a blur. Sleep deprivation, post partum depression/anxiety, and regular life have all played a part in this. I would be remiss if I didn’t take this opportunity to acknowledge the support and love I have received from Bart and my family during this time. Everyone has rallied around me so intensely as I battle postpartum issues for a second (and LAST!) time. And all of this around the holidays, no less. But let me back up a little bit.

After Mom and Dad left from their initial visit, I slipped into a rough state and that’s when Mom came back out to help us. Originally we weren’t planning to go back to California for Christmas but while Mom was here, we decided it would be fun if we surprised everyone on Christmas Day! So that’s what we did – and what a surprise it was! We celebrated our Christmas together here on Christmas Eve and then we left on a flight to LAX early Christmas morning. It was such a relief to arrive at the Roblee house just in time for Christmas dinner after an anxiety filled, albeit uneventful flight. Right away everyone began taking turns holding Summer and Bart and I were able to breathe a sigh of relief over a glass of wine. We stayed at the Roblees for a few days after Christmas and got a chance to spend some quality time together. My favorite part about these visits is always getting to see Gracie play with her cousins! It makes my heart so happy.

After we left Oceanside, we went up to Mom and Dad’s new rental house for the remainder of our visit and to celebrate New Years. Kristy came up with the kids as well and we got to spend another few days all together under one roof. Since gatherings like this are rare these days, we decided to take this time to dedicate Summer at PazNaz. We were able to dedicate Gracie shortly before her 1st birthday and just makes me so happy to know that both of our girls have been dedicated in the same church as I was. No matter where we live, Paz Naz will always be my church family and what a wonderful morning it was having Summer blessed with so much family around.

My struggles certainly didn’t disappear just because we were in California, but being around family allowed me to receive the support I so desperately needed. It also allowed Bart and I to have some time to ourselves! We have been missing that so much. New Years was the perfect low key night we were looking for. Games, cozy fires, snuggles, and plenty of food and wine! As exhausted as we were, we actually made it to our midnight kiss. Bart left New Year’s Day and Gracie, Summer, Erica, and I stayed for another few days before heading back to Florida. What a wonderful and much needed trip it was. You’ve heard it a million times but it really DOES take a village and I couldn’t be more grateful for ours. I’ll never know how I got so blessed to not only have a family who is willing to do whatever it takes to help me in a tough time, but also a husband who has committed himself to my health and happiness. Here’s to brighter days in the future with our two beautiful girls.
Merry Christmas! 



TST Christmas Party


Gracie partying with the TST boys!

Gracie's Christmas Show






 

 Gracie LOVED watching Bart deflate and inflate these guys, but she was too afraid of them to ever come outside.




 



First flight with 2 kids!

 Summer's First Christmas


 SURPRISE!



















 






 

 





 


 










 

 
 New Year's Eve Cribbage






 
 I got to spend some quality time with the Christies! Thanks for making the drive. :)

This was Summer the entire flight home.

Comments

  1. Good times :) Thanks for putting it all down for us XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life As We Know It...

And so it begins...